Helpful
Replies

direct host firmware upgrade

hisham.rakaiby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i am planning to upgrade UCS Infra 4.1---4.1.3h----4.2.3

once i am upgraded infra through above path can i  upgrade b and C host firmwares direct without going to intermediate ? 

2 Replies 2

Hi

Yes . It is all explained here. Look for upgrade path

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-manager/GUI-User-Guides/Firmware-Mgmt/4-2/b_UCSM_GUI_Firmware_Management_Guide_4-2/b_UCSM_GUI_Firmware_Management_Guide_chapter_01.html 

"Upgrading the Infrastructure software bundle (A bundle) directly to Cisco UCS Manager Release 4.2(x) is supported from Release 3.2(3) and later releases."

(to avoid confusion) This is the actual quote in section Firmware Upgrade to Cisco UCS Manager Release 4.2 

“For Cisco UCS Mini, upgrading the Infrastructure software bundle (A bundle) directly to Cisco UCS Manager Release 4.2(x) is supported from Release 3.2(3) and later releases.

E.g. the statement is specific to UCS Mini, not all UCS. The Cisco UCS Manager Upgrade/Downgrade Support Matrix lists the supported upgrade release versions and recommended upgrade path for various Cisco UCS Manager releases.”

Your infra upgrade path of B & C bundles directly to 4.2.3 seems valid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: