I'm having an odd issue with a server (standalone C240 M4L) where the SAS SSD's are working fine, but using SATA HDD's causes TERRIBLE performance, and getting a bunch of "Unexpected sense" errors in the storage log, before it marks the SATA HDD drive as faulted.
I've tried these drives in other systems and they perform wonderfully. I've tried creating VD's, and passing them through to the OS, all with the same outcome. Everything is healthy on the system; I even tried a new RAID controller with the same issue. I'm on the latest recommended HUU (4.12g), as well.
This is the error I keep seeing in the logs before faulting:
Just to add some closure to this thread, the issues I was having was related to the backplane for the drives. After swapping out three RAID controllers, I removed, and reseated the backplane, and all the issues went away.