cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade from 2.2.3e to 3.1.1h on a Cisco UCS B200 M4 - Unable to match Boot Policy

troyheiss
Level 1
Level 1

I had updated our UCSM from 2.2.3e to 3.1.1h successfully a couple of weeks ago and then felt comfortable enough with proceeding with the Server Firmware updates after updating our DR/Test environment successfully.

The update failed and now I'm stuck at a screen "Unable to match Boot Policy" on the box.  It was running VMware 5.1 on a RAID pair of SD Cards.

The Controller State is "Disconnected Partition from Host" with a RAID State of "Enabled Paired Invalid Secondary."

Thinking that the Firmware update didn't complete...I decommissioned the blade, the re-acknowledged it, but there's no change.

Anyone else come across this?  It's kinda funny in that of course the DR/Test environment went just fine, but my first Prod VMware box attempt was a failure.

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Troy,

You must be booting the it from SAN.

most commonly this issue is seen if there is a mismatch in the LUN or Target is not configured correctly.

For e.g

UCSM is trying to boot from LUN0 and SAN is setup for LUN1.

Please check

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card