Views
Helpful
Replies

FIs license is installed or not ?! ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION

Ron Baduach
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guys ,

We have a POD with old FIs [you can see model & firmware on screenshot "fi-model-firmware"]

We got a critical error that says that "ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG" has been expired [see screenshot "as-error-01"]

I downloaded licenses from cisco site, and installed it, and seems like it succeeded, and i can see the

license as "installed" [see screenshot "installed-01"]

But, the error still there, and also, when i'm looking on the "General" tab, i can see that the license is expired . [see screenshot "installed-02"]

So, i can't understand if it succeeded or not ?!

And if not, what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot in advance ,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can run this command and show his output?

# scope license      
 /license # show usage

View solution in original post

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Ron,

You likely have more ports "configured" than you have licenses for. Make sure that any port on the fabric interconnects that is not in use is set to the "un-configured" state vs the "shutdown" or "disabled" state. These interfaces will consume a license when configured if not in use.

Wes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can run this command and show his output?

# scope license      
 /license # show usage

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Ron,

You likely have more ports "configured" than you have licenses for. Make sure that any port on the fabric interconnects that is not in use is set to the "un-configured" state vs the "shutdown" or "disabled" state. These interfaces will consume a license when configured if not in use.

Wes

Wes , thanks ! you were right !

i disables few unused ports, and not it works !

thanks !! :]

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card