cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reconnect a rack server to a UCS manager

k.khussainov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone! I faced such problem, my rack server (UCS C 240 m4) was connected to UCS manager (3.1). At boot, Standalone mode was selected in the CIMC settings. After which I no longer see the server in the GUI (UCS manager) How can I reconnect the server to the manager? Is it enough to enter ip address in CIMC settings or do I need to choose other settings?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the CIMC F8, config, do a reset to factory defaults.

This will force the CIMC to search for UCSM DHCP negotiation.

Also make sure you don't have any cables connected to the 1 Gb LOM or dedicated ports.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

I had to decommission the server and reconfirm. After that, the server will be successfully added to UCSM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the CIMC F8, config, do a reset to factory defaults.

This will force the CIMC to search for UCSM DHCP negotiation.

Also make sure you don't have any cables connected to the 1 Gb LOM or dedicated ports.

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk, I did a factory reset, but after rebooting the server still didn't connect to UCSM. I will attach a photo of the whole process. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed that after rebooting, the screen displays "error getting CIMC IP address"

I had to decommission the server and reconfirm. After that, the server will be successfully added to UCSM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: