cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex DataPlatform 4.5 List Index Out of Range (Standalone FI)

Markus5849
Level 1
Level 1

We have a standalone FI 64108 and are trying to deploy hyperflex cluster using HXDP 4.5 (2a). However, we're getting error "list index out of range". Before that when we deploy with a pair of Fabric Interconnect cluster there's no issue but when we switch to standalone mode then we hit below error.

May I know if Hyperflex DataPlatform supports standalone FI deployment?

Markus5849_0-1670833491079.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris is correct.

The index out of range message is a funny way of saying your vnic count (both side A and B) is off because they are not up.

HX standard cluster does not support single FI, and your install workflows will fail.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt43652

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Markus5849 ,

I'm not sure what you mean by "standalone FI deployment" - but if you mean "Can you install HyperFlex without providing L2 connectivity between the FIs (via a switch/switches)?" then the answer is NO

To successfully deploy HX on a FI platform, you MUST provide this connectivity.  I tried one (to pre-deploy in readiness to connecting to upstream switches which had not arrived yet) and discovered that it didn't work.  However, I don't know if that relates to the specific error you mention.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Chris is correct.

The index out of range message is a funny way of saying your vnic count (both side A and B) is off because they are not up.

HX standard cluster does not support single FI, and your install workflows will fail.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card