cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iSCSI Boot From SAN

Terry MacDougal
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error message when applying a profile to a B200-M3, 3.2 firmware. I have seen most of the documentation posted but must be missing something. Thanks for any suggestions.

issue with boot order, possibly iSCSI vNIC not found or no targets configured for iSCSI vnic or same iSCSI vnic is used for both primary and secondary path

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured a target for the iSCSI vNIC?

Are you using a separate iSCSI vNIC for A and B path?

If you remove a single iSCSI vNIC, does the service profile associate?

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,

To add on with what Wes was saying, these are common reasons for that error message to appear.

1) This error message is usually appearing due to the fact that there is no iSCSI boot target set. Can you please verify there is a iSCSI boot target.

2) if the boot policy is in-correct (would need to double check that as well).

3) Check iSCSI NICs if they have a MAC assigned to it, if it does please remove it.

Have you checked the guide out below (step by step in setting iSCSI in UCS).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/116003-iscsi-ucs-config-00.html

- Please rate / mark helpful answers as correct so other members can find posts easily.

- Qiese Dides

1) Yes the iSCSI targets are configured and correct.

2) Boot policy looks good.

3) The iSCSI NICs don't have a MAC address assigned (the overlay NICs do have a MAC) but I assigned the IP Pool to these NICs.

4) 2 VLANs for 2 iSCSI NICs.

5) I also have all the NICs assigned to vcon 1 with the iSCSI NIC at the bottom of the order.

6) I also have a NIC placement policy.

Does anyone havea working xml file I can import into the simulator to look at the config?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card