Views
Helpful
Replies

No network adapters - EXSi - Cisco UCS B200 M5 Server

d_ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just started setting up a Cisco UCS B200 M5 Server (which I have no experience of) and need to run vmware EXSi on it. I am getting a no network adapters error, there are network cards available but I do not know how to assign them? My server profile is basically everything in default, could this be the cause and if so how do I correct that?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What Wes is hinting at, is if you haven't created any MLOM/VIC adapter objects like vnics or vhbas, then there is nothing that is going to be presented to ESXi.

Try creating a couple of vnics (make sure you have them pointing to valid mac pool), and then recheck.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using Cisco custom ISO? If not, the driver may not be present to bring the VIC interfaces online.

Can you post some screen captures of your service profile? Do you have vNIC/vHBA created?

Hi, thanks for that. I am using exsi iso file and no vnics created.

What Wes is hinting at, is if you haven't created any MLOM/VIC adapter objects like vnics or vhbas, then there is nothing that is going to be presented to ESXi.

Try creating a couple of vnics (make sure you have them pointing to valid mac pool), and then recheck.

Kirk...

Thankyou, sorted now.

I am now getting a storage error, "Cause: Disk in the slot 56 in LunSet ........ is not available." How do I check disk slot availability?

Many thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card