Views
Helpful
Replies

ucs b series drivers

lee.ainsworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have just upgraded our pre-prod environment infrastructure to 4.1(3h), and am about to start upgrading the hosts.

we use vmware 7.0U2c - but wanting to go to 7.u3 as soon as we can, so i wonder which drivers i need to be installing on the hosts?

i have grabbed the drivers that match the firmware we are using, but what are the pitfalls of using say 4.1(3t) instead of (3h)? or should i use the latest that the firmware supports?

Im still unclear about which drivers i need to upgrade though, does the .iso file when run upgrade everything on the host that needs to be upgraded or do i have to choose what to upgrade?

please ask for more details if my question is not clear.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The UCS HCL tool is your rolling/updating source of truth: https://ucshcltool.cloudapps.cisco.com/public/# to match firmware version with specific driver version.

Unfortunately the firmware bundles and the driver ISOs are vaguely, but not closely matched, so sometimes you have to check the inventory list of a driver ISO to see which one has the specific driver version you are after.

Kirk...

Hey,

yeah every time i go to that, and click on the iso drivers link for any given firmware, it just goes to 4.2(2b) which isnt really helpful, i don't want to upgrade to the very latest drivers if they arent compatible. i would have thought that it would have taken me to 4.1(3x) drivers at least!

im not really after a specific driver, just the latest one i should safely use with 4.1(3h) to ensure that i have kept up to date, and in prep for going to vmware 7.0U3e

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card