Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central 2.0 Powershell

I've upgraded my UCS Central to the latest 2.0 and upgraded the Cisco Powertool to the latest 2.2.

I'm attempting the create a VLAN Group in UCS Central.  I run the following command:

Add-UcsCentralFabricNetGroup -Name Test

Nothing happens.  No errors or faults.  It acts like it works, but it doesn't do anything.  If I create the VLAN Group in the web interface it works fine.  Once it's created in the web interface I can delete from the PowerTool with the following command:

Get-UcsCentralFabricNetGroup -Name test | remove-ucscentralfabricnetgroup -Force

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher, Sorry late to respond.....Let me work this and get back to you...

Matt

From Development - There was a Bug. Next Release of PowerTools will incorporate the fix. Meanwhile the Work-around is below:

Workaround: Use the generic Add-UcsCentralManagedObject cmdlet to configure VLAN groups and Adding VLANs to the group.

Below snippet creates a VLAN Group named TestGroup and assign VLAN named TestVLAN.

Start-UcsCentralTransaction

$mo = Get-UcsCentralOrgDomainGroup -Name "root" | Get-UcsCentralFabricEp -LimitScope | Get-UcsCentralLanCloud | Add-UcsCentralManagedObject -ClassId fabricNetGroup -PropertyMap @{Name="TestGroup"} -ModifyPresent -Xml

$mo_1=$mo | Add-UcsCentralManagedObject -ClassId fabricPooledVlan -PropertyMap @{Name="TestVLAN"} -Xml

Complete-UcsCentralTransaction

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mfaiello, Do you have any ideas on this.  Not sure why the delete command works, but the create command doesn't.  I am trying to script deployment for multiple UCSC implementations manager multiple UCS domains in different networks.

Thanks.

Additionally, I attempt to run the following command to add a VLAN to a VLAN group and get the exact same behavior.  Command runs without any errors, but doesn't actually do what it's supposed to be doing.

Add-UcsCentralFabricNetGroup -Name "Test" -ModifyPresent | Add-UcsCentralFabricPooledVlan -Name "Test-12"

Christopher, Sorry late to respond.....Let me work this and get back to you...

Matt

From Development - There was a Bug. Next Release of PowerTools will incorporate the fix. Meanwhile the Work-around is below:

Workaround: Use the generic Add-UcsCentralManagedObject cmdlet to configure VLAN groups and Adding VLANs to the group.

Below snippet creates a VLAN Group named TestGroup and assign VLAN named TestVLAN.

Start-UcsCentralTransaction

$mo = Get-UcsCentralOrgDomainGroup -Name "root" | Get-UcsCentralFabricEp -LimitScope | Get-UcsCentralLanCloud | Add-UcsCentralManagedObject -ClassId fabricNetGroup -PropertyMap @{Name="TestGroup"} -ModifyPresent -Xml

$mo_1=$mo | Add-UcsCentralManagedObject -ClassId fabricPooledVlan -PropertyMap @{Name="TestVLAN"} -Xml

Complete-UcsCentralTransaction

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: