code: F0459

description: IOM 1 / 2 (B) management VIF 1 down, reason Module removed

severity: major

and:

cause: named-policy-unresolved

code: F4525239

description: Policy reference identPoolName does not resolve to named policy

severity: warning

Documentation is quite sparse, at least what I can tell. Maybe anyone can point me in the right direction what we're seeing here.

Thanks,

Sam

10 Replies 10

Manish Tandon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sam

Best would be open a TAC case so that the logs can be analyzed.

Questions like what version to 1.4 etc. Was the upgrade guide followed?

The first fault points to the IOM not online (maybe the upgrade didn't finish). Is it working right now?

The FI on upgrade is suppose to reboot the IOM as part of it.

The second fault points to certain pool being empty and hence an alarm.

Again very tough to point to the issue without looking at the system/logs.

Thanks

--Manish

Hi,

to fix the "named-policy-unresolved" error

you need to create a "Serial Over LAN" policy with the name- "default"

Sharon

This is not the SOL Policy - different error message.   The identPool name is either a MAC, UUID or WWN pool that is missing that was previously there.

Look for a service profile referencing one of these pools.  It could likely be one of the "default" pools above also.

Regards,

Robert

Robert,

I have this same "Policy reference identPoolName does not resolve to a named policy" message. I had it in 1.4(1i) and still have it with 1.4(1m). I had 9 of these warnings. I saw this thread and created WWPN and WWNN pools, even though I'm not using them. This cleared up 7 of them.

I am now left with 2 on the first 2 of my 6 vNIC templates. I have verified they are linked correctly to the appropriate MAC pools. Any ideas?

Kyle

Kyle,

Can you make sure you have a policy named "lan-conn-templ-ESXi_eth0" under your "root" org?

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have 6 updating vNIC templates under root > vNIC Templates. They are named ESXi_eth0, ESXi_eth1, etc. up to ESXi_eth5. The templates are all configured the same, with the even numbered templates on Fabric A and pulling from MACPoolA and the odd numbered templates on Fabric B and pulling from MACPoolB.

Perhaps I should look at the XML and see what it shows for those ESXi_eth0 and ESXi+eth1 templates. I am going to be on vacation for a few days. I'll look at the XML when I return.

Thanks, Kyle

We upgraded from (m) to (j) more than a week ago and this same warning (re:...identPoolPolicy...) just popped up today.  Unlike your's, not connected to any other failures...just one warning for each of my vNIC templates.  And as far as I know, nothing's changed in the environment.

rchicks
Level 4
Level 4

I had the exact same error and I was able to resolve it by right clicking on my service template and selecting change UUID and assigning the pool I had previously created.  This caused the warning to go away.

David.Jarzynka
Level 1
Level 1

This error might be due to the SOL policy issues in 1.4. When 1.4M was released it chnaged the SOL policy to "default" in all service profiles. Since there is no SOL policy by default you can either update to firmware version 1.4.2b to fix this issue or change each service profile's SOL policy from to default to none.

Hoep this helps,

David Jarzynka

Info from TAC suggested a possible bug.

I moved all my policies and templates from a sub-org to the root org and problem went away.

I had already defined a SOL policy, so that wasn't it and didn't have to repoint to UUID pool.

We are running 1.4(2b)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card