Helpful
Replies

UCS M4 with 1240 FI 6454

bimyasaredutr
Level 1
Level 1

hi to all,

we had just transfered an 200M4 server from old chasis to new one,

the IOM A can activate the backplane connection with this server,but the IOM B cannot activate the connections.

till now ,we tried the below one

1-re-ack server

2-Removed and re-inserted

3-Change slot 5 to slot 7

4-Updated the 200M4 firmware

none activated the IOM B connections.

I cannot reboot the IOM B

what else can u advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have seen cases were a process handling new connections was stopped/stalled, and no new server discoveries could occur.

You have a maint window where you could reseat IOM B?

Otherwise,  a TAC case should be able to sort out what is keeping your additional server and IOM B from connecting.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have any other Mezzanine cards (1240, 1340) you can try?

Sounds like either the card is bad, or maybe the IOM or FI on the B side have a process that is stopped/failing.

Kirk...

The UCS chasiss is Ok , because there are other B220 M5 servers working in the same chasiss , they have active uplinks from IOMS A and B.

The Old server was working and we had just swapped it from the old Chasis, so the mezzanie must be working, but cannot be sure .

I have some old B200 m3 servers in spare , just to figure out what is wrong with IOM B side.

I have seen cases were a process handling new connections was stopped/stalled, and no new server discoveries could occur.

You have a maint window where you could reseat IOM B?

Otherwise,  a TAC case should be able to sort out what is keeping your additional server and IOM B from connecting.

Kirk...

bimyasaredutr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again

we had reset the IOM B module, and the problem solved.

It didnt create a downtime, the service continued from the IOM A

the process took 20minutes approximately

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card