Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing Issues

Hi, 

I have inherited a pair of 6454's and FI-A has an 88 Port license that has been installed. It looks like the *.lic file was downloaded onto FI-B, but doesn't show up under downloaded licenses, and thus i have 10 expired licenses on FI-B but all the ports are licensed on FI-A.

These 88 licenses were purchased so that we could have 22 ports licensed on each of our 4 FI's but they have all been installed onto just 1 FI.

can I remove the license safely and try to reinstall it onto the FI's? as much as i have read about licensing, it does state that any ports that are in use, will not be removed. which is fine. but is it right that i got 1 *.lic file to service the 4 FI's? 

Can i just upload the file to the other pair of FI's i have? how does it know to just take 22? or doesnt it?

will provide more information if necessary, or more clarification!

Thank you for reading

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each licensing file will have a unique hostID (serial # of the FI).

These are unique per host obviously, so I would expect you to have 4 license files, one for each FI.

Sounds like maybe you need to open a licensing case, give them the four host IDs (scope license, show server-host-id detail )

and reiterate that you need 22 port licenses per host id, which should result in 4 license files, with 22 licenses per file.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each licensing file will have a unique hostID (serial # of the FI).

These are unique per host obviously, so I would expect you to have 4 license files, one for each FI.

Sounds like maybe you need to open a licensing case, give them the four host IDs (scope license, show server-host-id detail )

and reiterate that you need 22 port licenses per host id, which should result in 4 license files, with 22 licenses per file.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk, 

I opened a licensing tac case, very easy and all is now sorted. thank you for your help!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card