Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Lan Cloud

ZoltanUCS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I met a strange setup for a LAN Cloud in UCS Manager (3.2.3k)

There is a production VLAN with the same name and the same ID, which has been definied both in "Dual Mode", and also in "Fabric A" in the LAN Cloud (don't ask why )

- What will happen if i leave it like that, and reboot Fabric A?

- What will happen if I delete it from "Fabric A", and leave the "Dual Mode"? Will be there any disruption?

I don't know if its matter, but the VLAN is on an ESX host, so the redundancy is handled on OS level (2 vNICs with teaming), and not on UCS level by checking the "Redundancy" box for the vNIC.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Hello,

This is an unusual setup, but I can provide some insights into your concerns.

1. If you leave the setup as is and reboot Fabric A, the ESX host should continue to function without disruption as long as it is properly configured for redundancy. Since the VLAN is defined in both "Dual Mode" and "Fabric A", the ESX host should be able to handle redundancy at the OS level with its teaming configuration.

2. If you delete the VLAN from "Fabric A" and leave the "Dual Mode", there could be a potential disruption depending on how the vNICs are configured and whether they can handle the redundancy properly. It is recommended to carefully evaluate the configuration before making any changes to ensure there is no disruption to the traffic flow.

As a best practice, it is advised to have a consistent VLAN configuration across both fabrics for proper redundancy and ease of management. If possible, consider reconfiguring the VLANs to avoid any confusion and potential issues in the future.

Please remember that making changes to the production environment should always be done with caution and during a maintenance window, if possible. Always ensure you have a valid backup of your configurations before making any changes.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: