Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Cisco UCS Platform Emulators are available for download from Cisco:

Current Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 4.2(2aPE1) - UCS 62xx/63xx/64xx Fabric Interconnect, C4200, S3260, Mini:

Downloads:

MD5 hashes for downloads:

• ZIP: b390bbf1d783532194141c9b7bff6d64
  • OVA: 1577b7b88b7287b707fea9995c5f0135

Cisco dCloud Programmability Demo using the UCS Platform Emulator

• UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo.   The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide for programming using the Cisco UCS PowerTool and Python SDK.

Video demos of the Emulator

Previous Releases:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.1(2cPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.0(4ePE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.2(3ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2bPE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and C3260:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(1ePE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and M-Series:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) - UCS Mini:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
  • UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(2aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(2aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(5aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(5aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Archived Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(1cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(1aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(1aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(4bPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(4bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(3aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(3aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(2cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(1bPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(1bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(3aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(2aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(1aPE3):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.0(1mPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.4(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.3(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Comments
tndmcclain
Level 1
Level 1

I was hoping to be able to access the gui from the laptop it is running on, but the VM takes over the machine.  I assume I will need to launch the gui from a different device? 

jzitcovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you are using VMW Workstation, you need to configure workstation so it provides a dhcp address to the emulator, via the console in workstation, you can see the ip UCSPE aquires.

use a recommened browser to connect to the ip seen in the console.  should be good to go at this point.

Jay

towagner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can launch UCS Manager directly from the browser I’m using to configure UCSPE. Your UCSPE VM should have 3 network interfaces, all in the same subnet. You’ll point your browser to the “VIP” address. That allows you to configure UCSPE and also launch USCM interface. It’s actually all in the same browser tab. I’m running Fusion on Mac, but it should be the same experience for VMW.

tndmcclain
Level 1
Level 1

Got it working.

Thank you

Dave

tndmcclain
Level 1
Level 1

Got it working.

Thank you

Dave

flove2001
Level 1
Level 1

ucspe import backup xml some questions

1.i use ucsp 3.1 backup type system configuration&logical configuration from local ,but inoperative.

2.if i use ftp server backup xml file,that's faild.

that's not support in ucspe3.1???

3.last i want know ucspe 3.1 support ldap ??

Hi Could somebody please make available UCS 5.2? It would be useful for those of us studying for the 300-175 exam. The link just let's us download an HTML file, not the OVF. Thank you Bernard
willytech007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ericwill 

How can I get the OVA or ZIP because the current link is empty, I would appreciate knowing where I can download it to practice my ccnp dc.

Best Wishes

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The download link has been fixed.
_varun_
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, can Redfish be used to communicate on any version of UCS platform emulator?

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi – Redfish is not available as UCSPE does not fully emulate endpoint device software stacks. The XML API from UCSM is available.

Are all the download links for the UCSPE not working anymore? I am not able to download the .ova, just goes to a blank software download page?

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The 4.1(2c) downloads page at https://software.cisco.com/download/beta/1850014776 has OVA and ZIP download links active.
willytech007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @dsoper  the link is UP!

MikeBeck28967
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

@dsoper : The links are not working. I only receive "502 Bad Gateway". Can you please check the links?

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: