Views
Helpful
Replies

7970G & Cisco SPA3102

adrian.oshea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guru's.

I have a cisco 7970G that i've been trying (unsucessfully) to get working with Asterisk (7970G phone is running sip), and now given up.

I'm thinking of buying the Cisco SPA3102 instead, and see if I can run sipgate, voipdiscount (sip providers in/dial out) and an analogue connection to home telephone.

is it possible with the Cisco SPA3102 or am I barking up the wrong tree here as well (if I could use either 2 or 3 of the line buttons that would be great, I've played around in the SEP<<MAC>>.cnf.xml file so know how to point/label these siplines)?

many thanks adrian

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have a cisco 7970G that i've been trying (unsucessfully) to get working with Asterisk (7970G phone is running sip), and now given up.

I've got a CP-7970G working on my Free/PBX/Asterisk on a Raspberry Pi.

Log in as root and enter the command "asterisk -r" and post the following outputs:

1.  sip show registry; and

2.  sip show peers

I want to see if your Asterisk is able to register with your Voice Service Provider (VSP).   If Asterisk can't then I'd recommend you need to go to www.asterisk.org for assistance as this is a Cisco website and Asterisk is in direct competition with Cisco.

You could also post or attach the SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf so I can check.   Otherwise, you may want to review or compare your SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf with a known working one like this.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.