Views
Helpful
Replies

an unknown failure, PC 0x81E69D20

inventica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys!

My UC560 reboots almost daily, for no good reason. Often I see the following message:

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)XA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

sip.uc560.local uptime is 3 hours, 39 minutes

System returned to ROM by error - an unknown failure, PC 0x81E69D20 at 08:52:13 GMT Tue Oct 4 2011

System restarted at 08:56:33 GMT Tue Oct 4 2011

System image file is "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA"

I can't seem to find what this 0x81E69D20 error code means.

I don't have a support contract and it's not under warranty

any ideas?

11 Replies 11

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Are there any crash files in flash?  Most of the crashes have been fixed in later releases of the IOS..  My first suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest version of the IOS for the UC560.  The IOS version you are using is about 4-5 versions old.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks Darren, I'll upgrade to the latest SW as you suggested

Hi Inventica,

Can you confirm if the SW upgrade resolved your problem. thanks.

yntia wrote:

Hi Inventica,

Can you confirm if the SW upgrade resolved your problem. thanks.

You ask because you doubt ?

no, I am asking because I just started to experience the same issue.

As above, update IOS.

Hello, I couldn't upgrade to the latest SW because I didn't have a support contract to download it and I couldn't find where I could download it for free.

I had to give in, as  I didn't want to throw any more money at this system. It's full of bugs and it cost us a lot to have it configured to our requirments. This phone system is such a pain that we decided to switch to a software based PBX in the next few years.

Hello,

You can download the software pack from here(only requires a valid CCO account):

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

Also, if you have the AnyConnect SSL VPN client installed on the UC make sure it is version 2.5.6005.

Thanks,

-john

First of all, if you engage a reputable consultant or UC certified Cisco partner, your system will be working good now like all the others that are reported here. These are not systmes meant to be maintained by the end user.

Second, repeating Jhon uadive in other words, to access software updates, follow the link in 'uc500 software packs" from "documents" above.

I don't  have any problems configuring the system, I've worked with cisco kit for  over 10 years. The problem is not configuration related but cisco IOS  software bugs and system stability as a whole. Ever since we installed  it we've been having problems with corrupted voicemail messages, reboots  etc.

I have many UC500 installed for my customers all over the world and all do work perfectly without any major issue. Some have fairly advanced custom configuration, that maybe worth to mention, was done with CLI exclusively.

UC500 have about the same amount of bugs as any other IOS device, still in my opinion it is an excellent solution as long one knows what is doing.