cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Line Dilemma on Cisco UC560 (SPA8000)

Help Desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Here is the situation:

Cisco UC560 with dual PRI Cards.

We have about 10-12 fax lines that we wanted to tie into the phone system.  We were recommended the SPA8000, however I am diving into this thing and this acts basically as a phone system that connects analog phones including caller ID, voicemail, etc.

Has anyone used this successfully with a UC560?  If not, what is available to meet this need?  Is there a FXS Expander (minus the internal one that is being taken up by the second PRI Card).

Thanks as always,

Helpdesk

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Help Desk,

The SPA8000 is your only option here buddy

This should be fairly simple to setup and I think you can use CCA 3.2 to do it, if not get support to help you over the phone as they have done many times before to others.

(PS) It is a good option and the SPA8000 works quite well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

So I am trying to get this thing on the network, but it will not draw DHCP on the WAN Port.  I have plugged the WAN port into a switch on our network, but it will not grab an IP address. If i try to set it statically, it takes it, but does not respond to ICMP requests or via web browser.

Any thoughts?  Small Biz support also said this thing was not tested with fax machines, which is exactly what we need it for.    

Hello,

Here is a link to the document for configuring the SPA8000 with a UC500.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9465

Thank you,

Darren

I have gone through this.  But mabye this is a routing issue.  Should this device be in a trunk port or an access port on the Voice Vlan?