cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bought a Cisco CP-8841-3PCC-K9= and has an Enterprise FW on it what should I DO ?

Dear All ,

I bought a Cisco 8841 phone and its delfinidiny a 3PCC phone , the box the label the sticker , 

BUT 

The FW on it is the enterprise version.
and the phone was NEW in its box even with everything was packed as they should be , 

so I am confused 

can you help me out here ?

Thanks 
p.s. because I feel cheated and powerless ... 

is there a way to check if you phone was used to get a license for another FW prior to buying it ?

7 Replies 7

@Iliya Gatsev 
Any help here ? 

Thank you 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF the box says 3PCC and the firmware is Enterprise (make sure the serial number on the box and the phone matches), talk to the vendor and get them to swap it out for a 3PCC.  

Dear Sir , 

Yes this is what I already told him and he was okay with it and I checked everything both the box and the phone it self.
everything matches I guess someone used his license to upgrade it and then send it back or i don't know.

The good news is that I forced myself to see(and learn) how to trick phones with the enterprise FW to work with asterisk.(provision them by force)
It's not ideal but the phone works as a typical phone ( i have no idea what other features the phone carries that I am not utilizing ) but I prefer the old school SPA500 series a LOT more than these new ones.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me that if the seller was not cooperating I would had an expensive brick.

Thank you in advance 

but this tough luck mentality is problematic a bit now a days with cisco ..  

You ordered (and paid) 3PCC phone. Either you got true enterprise instead - then ask seller to swap it as you got the wrong one. Or you got 3PCC but with wrong firmware inside - it mean you got faulty 3PCC phone. Phone with unsuitable firmware is like phone with broken display or so. It's just faulty. Apply for warranty.

As far as I know, 3PCC phones has not been allowed to be switched to Enterprise. Irreversible transition from Enterprise to 3PCC has been possible in the past, I don't know if it is still supported. Call Cisco support ...

@Dan Lukes wrote:

As far as I know, 3PCC phones has not been allowed to be switched to Enterprise. 

Converting from 3PCC to Enterprise (and vice versa) is now supported -- for a fee.  

Cisco Cloud Upgrader

Where did you get the phone from?  Did you get it from a Cisco-certified vendor or from a gray market like e-bay?

Well gray market , Ebay  

regardless I got my money back , but **bleep** those phones are expensive.. 
But its okay. What you pay is what you get. 

regardless. I will ask about pricing to switched it to the Multi platform FW , but I don't think its worth it because it does not give many new factures anyway. from SPA514G at least for me that I use these phones with Freepbx and not the cisco VOIP solution. 

Thank you in advance  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: