Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

breaking out of hold queue on uc540

I have a request from management to configure our uc540 to allow users to break out of a hold queue. This means that that they could press a button and go an auto attendand for example. How would I best do this?

6 Replies 6

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

As of right now it is not possible because the BACD application that resides on the UC500 doesn't make use of those parameters when you use CCA.  Using CLI on he UC500 is not recommend especially for the BACD because you might not be able to use CCA for the BACD if you do.  You can check out this BACD guide but it requires more than some knowledge of CME and CUE.  It wouldn't be a plug and play fix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1105967

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt,

As Marcus said this is not quite possible especially if you want to remain within CCA compliance and potentially SBS compliance.

However there is a potential alternative if I may propose it.

The Scenario I have had to work with incorporated a person reaching a point within the BACD and at that time they are directed to an AA, within that AA you can offer up options to re-enter the Queue or to leave a message or to be transferred to reception.

It is not the prefect solution but a potential one to work

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

I like it, just have to play with the timer values so it would seem seamless to the caller

Might have to work up a TEL for it, sounds like fun

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

The problem with that solution, is that you reset the caller's queue position when they hit the Auto Attendant again.  If the system is not queueing too many callers at a time it might be ok, but you want to avoid a caller being stuck in queue while new calls get answered.

Regards,

Adam Compton

Hi Nathan,

Your point is taken, but if you read it carefully, everyone within that Queue at some point get reset unless they are super fortunate to get an available agent during the cycle...

Again I point out it is a workaround and not a perfect solution, if nothing else is available it could get you out of trouble I guess

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Not sure where you are reading that....

Adam compton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: