cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadsoft ACD softkeys on SPA525

b.devos
Level 1
Level 1

The latest SPA525 firmware (7-4-9a) adds "Support for Basic ACD Functions" in a Broadsoft environment. Enabling this feature for a specific extension results in a line key icon which symbolizes the current ACD status. This is a great addition but it would be nice if the embedded softkeys to change ACD status (acd_login;acd_logout;avail;unavail) could be implemented as well, for example, by enabling "ACD Login Serv" setting.

Should we invest in development of a custom phone service or is such a feature on the roadmap?

Sincerely,

Boudewijn de Vos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

randy.andrade
Level 1
Level 1

Boudewijn,

Just thought I'd follow up with you as I've finally figured out how to implement this feature properly in firmware 7.4.9c (and yes, this includes the 525).

First off, the SIP-B and ACD Login services both need to be disabled (set to No), while the Broadsoft ACD service needs to be enabled on each Ext N tab that you want to be able to log in / out of the queue.

Secondly, the idle-state soft keys need to include "acd_login", "acd_logout", and "astate" (as opposed to the previous "avail" and "unavail" soft keys).

Once the phone has rebooted with those configuration options set, (and this is assuming your user extensions are already members of the Call Center [in Broadworks navigate to the User, then Call Control, then Call Centers, and make sure the "join call center" checkbox is checked]) use the D-Pad (4-way navigation button) to move down until the extension you want to join the call queue is selected (in our configuration, this means pressing the down-arrow once), and then the login soft-key will be visible. You can then log in and out with the login/logout buttons, and change your availability with the "agents" (for Agent State) soft key - this opens a sub menu allowing you to choose "Available, Unavailable, and Wrap-Up" as your current state. I've tested this against our BW 17sp4 servers and they do work for us.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who's been having trouble getting the ACD login keys to work on these phones.

Randy

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

randy.andrade
Level 1
Level 1

I've been playing with the 7.4.9c firmware on an SPA508G, trying to get the soft keys working, and I've made some progress but I've hit a stumbling block: after enabling SIP-B, and the ACD Login Service, I am able to successfully add the acd_login soft key to my idle soft key list, however when I press the login softkey on the phone, I'm presented with a username and password prompt.

In Broadworks (R17sp4), I have a call center set up, and my phone user is listed as an agent, and if I use the BW GUI I am able to set the status and see the icons change on the line keys for my ACD extension on my 508, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to enter into the phone at that ACD Login prompt to get it to successfully authenticate.

Has anyone had any luck getting these soft keys working?

Randy Andrade

Hi Randy,

Unfortunateley the ACD softkeys are still not visible on SPA525G after firmware update 7.4.9c. However, it's promising to hear that the keys do display on a 508 series device. I'm still hoping this issue is related to a configuration mistake but I've tried pretty much everything.

Anyway, regarding your authentication issue. If BroadWorks webportal user account credentials for the agent are not accepted when entered at the prompt then ACD status updates initiated on the phone may rely on the XSI API and its host server. You could try configuring BroadSoft directory settings to supply the device with an appropriate server and user account. On the 525 there is a 'Broadsoft Settings' section on the 'Phone' tab where you can edit the following parameters:

Yes
xsp.bwprovider.com
Lab
Group
user02@bwprovider.com

Keep in mind that these credentials may be different than the SIP subscriber information. If that does not help solve the issue you could capture the event and analyse network traffic. That way you should be able to pinpoint exactly what's happening during the authentication process.

Btw, does the phone display any messages when it prompts for credentials? Just to make sure it's not the 'em_login' key that's been pressed in case Extension Mobility is enabled.

Boudewijn

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office for the last several days working on-site. No, it's not the em_login function; this login box clearly says "ACD Login" at the top, but otherwise the login box is very similar to the em_login's login box.

Randy

randy.andrade
Level 1
Level 1

Boudewijn,

Just thought I'd follow up with you as I've finally figured out how to implement this feature properly in firmware 7.4.9c (and yes, this includes the 525).

First off, the SIP-B and ACD Login services both need to be disabled (set to No), while the Broadsoft ACD service needs to be enabled on each Ext N tab that you want to be able to log in / out of the queue.

Secondly, the idle-state soft keys need to include "acd_login", "acd_logout", and "astate" (as opposed to the previous "avail" and "unavail" soft keys).

Once the phone has rebooted with those configuration options set, (and this is assuming your user extensions are already members of the Call Center [in Broadworks navigate to the User, then Call Control, then Call Centers, and make sure the "join call center" checkbox is checked]) use the D-Pad (4-way navigation button) to move down until the extension you want to join the call queue is selected (in our configuration, this means pressing the down-arrow once), and then the login soft-key will be visible. You can then log in and out with the login/logout buttons, and change your availability with the "agents" (for Agent State) soft key - this opens a sub menu allowing you to choose "Available, Unavailable, and Wrap-Up" as your current state. I've tested this against our BW 17sp4 servers and they do work for us.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who's been having trouble getting the ACD login keys to work on these phones.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Congrats on getting the BW ACD working.   I'm fighting this with SPA504G (running 7.4.8b) and have managed to get the ACD Login screen to display as intended, but no matter what I try, I'm unable to have a user authenticate.  Can you share the format of the User ID you're using, and what password (web, portal, ...) ?

Br,

Tolli

Tolli,

I have not seen this working with 7.4.8, but only with 7.4.9c. As I mentioned, the trick is that both the "ACD Login" service (from the Phone page), as well as the "SIP B" service (from the SIP page) are disabled, and only the "Broadsoft ACD" service (on each Ext page) is enabled.

Say you enable this for Ext 1, you would then have to arrow down (using the hard buttons on the phone) to the first extension, at which point the soft-keys would become visible. When the phone is in it's normal idle "at rest" state, the soft keys are not visible.

Note: Pressing the login key in the correct configuration does NOT present you with the "ACD Login" window asking for a username and password; it simply changes the user's call center ACD state to "Sign-In" within Broadworks.

The other consideration is that in Broadworks, your user account (from Ext 1) must have one of either the "Call Center - Standard" or "Call Center - Premium" services assigned to them, and they also must be a member of a configured call center.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Randy

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The functionality we're looking for is actually to have the users log in from the handset, as we want to have common workstations where agent might not be occupying the same workstation from day to day. 

So, we have the devices configured in BW and users configured as hoteling guests, with call center agent privileges as well.  We have successfully configured the SPA for a specific user (and call center functionality is OK).

So - our agenda is not the same.

With my configuration, the Login soft key is displayed on the idle screen, and pressing it triggers the ACD login screen, I guess due to the fact that we don't have user configured for any extension.

ACD is not configured per extension in 7.4.8b on SPA504G, but only on the Phone tab under supplementary services.  We'll try both disabling SIP-B and upgrading the firmware - thanks for the pointers.

Br,

Tolli

Hello Randy,

Very cool! Using D-pad to select extension did the trick for me (even when using standard non-programmable softkeys). Having only one extension configured it never crossed my mind, so thank you very much for the follow up.

By the way, the 'ACD Login Serv' parameter does not seem to affect behavior in my particular setup. Enabling 'SIP-B' adds some softkeys for supplementary services. It also results in an "ACD login" screen when signing on/off, while changing agent state remains possible without explicit authentication.

Gr,

Boudewijn

What about having the buttons show up on idle screen? Does anyone else have spaces where these buttons should be until you arrow down? Looks bad....Just saying.

Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: