cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call fwd All is not working

Digish Dave
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone have any idea why call forwad all is not working? call comes in and says it has been fwded and than hang no other action.

pl. help.

As well after removing cfwdall still AA answering this extension has been fwded and it ring on right extension!!

pl. help

yesterday, it was resetting all phones every 15 to 30 mins I had to reload and then it stop doing that.

8 Replies 8

Hi!

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your system.  Can you please provide some more information on your system configuration?  Is this a SIP trunk, BRI, or FXO system?  Where are you forwarding the call (internal extension, voicemail box, external number)?  If using an external number did you specify the external line steering digit for example 9+external number?  Is your system in pure key system mode, PBX mode, or Blend Mode?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your Reply.

It is FXO System with four lines. (when i check cfd all other three lines were idle).

phone line was fwded outside phone number and yes I had use 9+phone number. and I tried two three diff external numbers.

Its pure PBX system.

its a new system and upgraded with latest software.

thanks

Digish

Hi Digish,

Thanks for the info.  If you call the CFA phone's private extension from another local SPA IP phone does the call forward work?  How are your inbound FXO calls routed?  Do they route directly to the CFA phone's private extension, or shared extension, or to a huntgroup in which this phone is a member?  I assume if you dial 9+external number from the phone the call completes successfully?

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks again Chris for your prompt reply

No it doesnot work from even other SPA extension.

All inbound FXO calls go to AA. and then with the caller input the extension and route to that extension.

There is not a single shared extension. it is routed straight to that extension if no answer VM.(when it is not fwded)

There is no hunt group in the system.

Yes, if I call outside number it does work ok.

one more thing is eventhough I removed Cfwd All still when you call from outside and press 203(for example)  that extension AA says "your call is fwded" and it does ring on right (203)extension!!

I tried almost everything.

Hi Digish,

Whenever a call is transferred from the Auto Attendant, the system always plays "Transferring Call...", then will route the call to the destination.  In your case it will send the call to the phones private extension and since the phone is in CFA mode it should forward to the target address.

This is the way it should work from the description you have provided:

The SPA IP phone is in normal operating mode and no calls.  You press the FORWARD softkey if using a SPA525 or the CFWD softkey if using a SPA50x or SPA303.  You then hear secondary dial tone and dial the external address 9 + address.  You then press the DIAL softkey.  On the SPA525 you will see on the screen Calls forwarded to xxxxxxxxx.  On the SPA50x or SPA303 you will see the CFWD change to -CFWD and turn to a black background.

A call comes in on an FXO line and the route for inbound calls on the FXO is to the AA.  The user makes a selection from the custom menu or dials the users extension directly.  They will hear "Transferring call".  There should be a short period of several seconds of silence while the UC320W sends the digits out another FXO to complete the call forward all.  You will then hear ringing of the external phone number.

CFA only works for calls destined to the private extension (the top right most extension on the phone's display).  It has no effect on shared resources like shared FXO lines or shared Extensions.

Please confirm the WAN Ethernet port is connected.  Also, please confirm that your SPA IP phones are on the correct Voice VLAN subnet.  Press Setup on the Phone and it is under Network.

If none of the above helps, I'll suggest putting a call into the SBCS support center and reference this discussion.  We will want to get your UC320W configuration file and take a look at a few things.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

CFA only works for calls destined to the private extension (the top 
right most extension on the phone's display).  It has no effect on 
shared resources like shared FXO lines or shared Extensions.

I am thinking that this is why it would not work for me

So as I understand it now, if I press the CF-all button and then the FXO and then point it to the VM it wont work, or if I press FXO line key and then the CF-all button and then point it to the VM it still wont work???....

I wonder if this is a technical challenge to allow for this to happen? If the system is to stay true to its claim of being a Hybrid or KTS system then this feature should work when programmed in this environment right? Since this is what a KTS or Hybrid system does anyway when actioned!

Just a thought to ponder over... I was experiencing the same issues as the Poster and just realised when reading your post why it doesnt work

It has saved me time calling the SBS team.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

wicomoz@hotmail.com

Hi Chris,

CFA only works for calls destined to the private extension (the top right most extension on the phone's display).  It has no effect on shared resources like shared FXO lines or shared Extensions.

I am thinking that this is why it would not work for me

So as I understand it now, if I press the CF-all button and then the FXO and then point it to the VM it wont work, or if I press FXO line key and then the CF-all button and then point it to the VM it still wont work???....

I wonder if this is a technical challenge to allow for this to happen? If the system is to stay true to its claim of being a Hybrid or KTS system then this feature should work when programmed in this environment right? Since this is what a KTS or Hybrid system does anyway when actioned!

Just a thought to ponder over... I was experiencing the same issues as the Poster and just realised when reading your post why it doesnt work

It has saved me time calling the SBS team.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

Correct.  If you press the Call Forward All button, an then press a shared resource button (shared FXO line or shared ext), you are no longer in the context of setting the Call Forward All.

We do have the ability to route the calls differently when in the "night" mode either by schedule or Force Night provisionable button.

Just so I understand the request, you are asking for each end user to be able to set the call forward all target for each FXO Line? What would a use case be for such a scenario?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just so I understand the request, you are asking for each end user to be
 able to set the call forward all target for each FXO Line? What would a
 use case be for such a scenario?

Now this is a good question

At a guess I would have to say that at least 70% of the market still use a KTS based system or a Hybrid system so we need to keep that in mind when marketing a Cisco device to the client, in most cases they want the IP natured features that inherently come with a Cisco, but would also like to maintain certain aspects of the old system purely for transitional purposes I guess or maybe even stubbornness.

In saying the above my observations have been so far that most clients hit the Line-1 key and then call forward it to a mobile or some other destination, night-service is still not common practice and based on my stats (Just under 300 installs of Cisco systems) only 30% take up night service, and 40% use the forwarding of a line key, the remainder use an AA as a form of night service or just let their phones ring out after hours.

Younger generations are easier to deal with meaning younger receptionists or key personal, when we start to work with older generation in most cases they don't want to budge on how they do things and we as the engineers/integrators need to also be flexible.

I hope this makes sense to you Chris

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *