Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing on UC560

phusein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Firstly i apologise if a) this question has already been asked b) this is the wrong forum. I've asked it here because i just can't find the answer !!!

Anyway, my thanks in advance for your advice on this.

We have a UC560 system. The UC has a SIP connection and 4 ISDN connections. The SIP is used as primary, and is used for incoming and outgoing calls under normal circumstances. The ISDN is there for backup incase the SIP fails. This all works normally.

The problem that we have is that whenever we call a number which begins with 0844 the call always takes the ISDN line outbound. It never uses the SIP connection. I don't understand why though !!! Even if no one else is using any phones, and i pick up the phone and dial a 0844 number it gets routed out of the ISDN.

We are in the UK if this makes any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the Outgoing Dial Plan in CCA?

Thats where you set preferences for the regular expressions that make up your dial plan.

Perhaps someone selected "PSTN, then SIP" for that string?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the Outgoing Dial Plan in CCA?

Thats where you set preferences for the regular expressions that make up your dial plan.

Perhaps someone selected "PSTN, then SIP" for that string?

If you're still getting the issue after Steven's suggestion, I would change the outgoing dial plan for the 08xx number to use "SIP Only", then see what happens. It is possible that the call might be coming back with an error. If not, check the configuration.

Also, how do you know that the call is being routed through the ISDN?

Thanks to Steven.

There was an entry in the dial plan that was sending calls destined for 0844 to the ISDN. I changed that to go over the SIP.

Renato,

In answer to your question. We know that calls were being routed over the ISDN, from the call charges bill.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: