cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can audio codec preference (and transcoding) be manually configured on the UC300?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

I'm looking at spec'ing our first UC300 project, and before I recommend that the customer choose the UC320, I'd like to know whether we can configure it for G.729 only?  Due to the low bandwidth applications that we work with, we configure all UC500s for G.729r8.  Is this possible to do on the UC320 also?  Do you need to configure transcoding also for autoattendant, conferencing, and voicemail?

Thanks,

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlos,

If you use Sip trunks, The UC320W Configuration Utility provides an option in the Systemwide Sip Parameters of the Sip/BRI trunks configuration page to select G.729 as a low bandwidth codec option.   No additional configuration is necessary for conferencing, AA, VM, etc.  What low bandwidth applications are you referring to that you use with your UC500 installations?

Jeff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlos,

If you use Sip trunks, The UC320W Configuration Utility provides an option in the Systemwide Sip Parameters of the Sip/BRI trunks configuration page to select G.729 as a low bandwidth codec option.   No additional configuration is necessary for conferencing, AA, VM, etc.  What low bandwidth applications are you referring to that you use with your UC500 installations?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Our Clientele operate almost solely over enterprise satellite connections.  Bandwidth (esp dedicated bandwidth) is at a premium.  Therefore, whenever possible, we are using G.729 instead of G.711 for our SIP trunks.

Thanks for your help,

Seth

Hi Seth,

Sorry I got your name wrong on that last post.  I guess I wasn't multiplexing very well ... but you should be o.k. if you select the G.729 codec on the Sip config page.

Regards,

Jeff