cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Make Sense of AA Prompt Setup

LYNN CARR
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a "for dummies" guide to setting up the AA Prompts, because I have read the same 4 pages in the manual at least 10 times and can't make heads or tails of it?  Our new phones are SPA508G.  Our staff is very small and what we're wanting the AA to do is very basic.  Just can't figure out the "how to" on that page of the setup.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And which phone system are you using ?

Paolo, I appreciate your reply!

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the software is UC320W, version 2.1.4 (3)

I did come record a basic message and two others that I tied to prompts.  Have not yet tested that.

For now, I had to include in the recording each of the staff member's names and voice mailbox numbers.  That made the initial recording quite lengthy.  I'd like to say instead, "for a staff directory, press ___."  But I can't see how to configure that in the prompts tab.  It seems my only choices for forwarding after they hit that prompt would be a singular extension or end the call or back to the main menu.

The recording part seemed easy enough.  It's just building the prompts structure that I could use a more detailed explanation of.

Wrong forum - try "small business - UC300".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: