cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant make after hours skip Blast & go straight to AA

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

So I wanted to set up something for a client on a new UC560 that seemed extremely simple but I'm having issues.  During business hours I want the blast group to ring (4 phones total) and after hours time I would like incoming calls go directly to the AA skipping the blast group.  I have tried setting up a dummy floating extension and forwarding to the blast group plus setting up the dummy extension with night service but the blast group is still ringing.  I would assume the night service doesn't need manually triggered being that there is a specific schedule you have to create for it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Basically it will bleed over into the next day if the end time has a larger value than the start time.

For example:

Monday  16:00 - 9:00  -> This means night service will be on from 4:00pm Monday to 9:00am Tuesday

Monday 9:00 - 16:00 -> This means night service will be on from 9 am to 4pm on Monday.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or mark the post as answered.

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

Have you set calls to forward to the floating extension under Configure > Telephony > Dial Plan > Incoming?

If the inbound calls go straight to the blast group rather than the floating extension then Night service will never engage. 

Otherwise i'd look into your night service scheduling or toggle extension.  Usually, if I remember correctly,  a message pops up on the phone letting you know night service has been engaged.

-Trent Good

Yes, All 4 FXO lines are forwarding to my floating extension (230) which is forwarding to my one and only blast group (501).  Then I have 230 set up as an extension in the night service forwarding it to 401 which is the AA.

Just to be clear, night service does not need to be manually toggled correct?  Shouldn't it just recognize the schedule?

Do I need to add a physical phone extension to the night service group?

Rebooted the system and it came back up in night mode.  Thanks for your help.  Seems that if you setup night mode when the system schedule is currently in night mode it needs manually toggled for the first time.  The night service schedule is a bit confusing though.  Do the days bleed over into the next day or are the start and end times not night/morning based but designated for that day only.?  Does Monday's end time go into Tues start time??

Hi James,

Basically it will bleed over into the next day if the end time has a larger value than the start time.

For example:

Monday  16:00 - 9:00  -> This means night service will be on from 4:00pm Monday to 9:00am Tuesday

Monday 9:00 - 16:00 -> This means night service will be on from 9 am to 4pm on Monday.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or mark the post as answered.

-Trent Good

Thanks, still a tad confused though. 

I have an office that is open

Monday 9-5

Tues 7-7

Wed closed

Thurs 7-7

Fri Closed

Closed weekends

Here is what I have...

Hi James,

I would set something up like this:

If you notice on the closed days I stop and then start immediately.  Basically in order to get it to roll over to the next day the start time needs to be larger than the end time.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Sunday    16 - 9       

Monday    17 - 7

Tuesday   19 - 14

Wednesday 14 - 7

Thursday  19 - 18

Friday    18 - 17

Saturday  17 - 16

-Trent Good

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: