cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant register a phone - CCME

ihardcastle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, new-ish to the world of CCME, but been working with a CUCM installation for a few years.

Trying to register a 7945G (that works fine with the regular Call Manager) onto the CCME.

I can see the TFTP requests coming in to the CCME but all requests error out with 'file not found'. Phone fails to register.

From what I can see, the phone is requesting "SEP0022555F9FB1.cnf.xml.sgn". Yet when I do "sh telephony-service tftp-bindings", I see only "tftp-server system:/its/SEP0022555F9FB1.cnf.xml alias SEP0022555F9FB1.cnf.xml" for that phone. There are other phones working quite happily.

Educated guess tells me the .sgn files are encrypted somehow and the phone is requiring this. Would rather have the phone request non-encrypted than mess too much with the CCME.

How do I get the phone registered?

cheers!

iain

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do a factory reset, soft or hard. details can be found with search. In either case you will need the firmware files to reload on the phones.

Also, this is the wrong forum, post in "IP telephony". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

thanks Paolo - tried the factory several times. Problem there is that it wipes the specific TFTP/option 150 server setting I put in the phone and reverts to the regular Call Manager at this office that it learns via DHCP.

So taking what you kind of suggested I put the phone on a different network segment and changed the option 150 to point the CCME instead of the CM. did a hard factory and it's now (veeery slowly) pulling the phone load code from the CCME I want.

Hopefully that gets the phone registered. If not, I'll follow up in the IP Telephony forum.

Many thanks again

iain

You are welcome,

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the star below.