Helpful
Replies

CCA 3.1(1) Wont backup configuration

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

CCA WONT BACKUP CONFIG

Windows 7 x64 OS.

When attempting to backup the configuration from my UC-540 (the one where the wireless only works for 3 seconds after a power cycle) the configuration ends with a "Backup Compete" message.  When you attempt to browse for the backup file, none exists. This is true using the default location, C:, F: or My Documents.

CCA POOR GUI PROGRAMMING

Not only that, but what I presume to be the "new folder" button in the Preferences | Browse menu is missing any label. There is also a button of unknown function next to it, but who knows what it does.

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brooke,

If you are changing the location of the backup then you might need to consider that CCA may not have permissions to write the files to that directory, this may be more prevalent in a 64Bit OS rather than a 32Bit environment.

Just curious though, is the backup file structure there for the host name of the system? Has CCA even attempted to write files to the directory??

In reference to the GUI, there is quite a few small things that could be either improved or have been totally missed somewhere in the QA process, CCA 3.1.1 is exceptionally bad for this there are new bugs introduced in this version that I have not seen in previous ones, such as, altering the button configuration when there is an Add-On module, it throws a "Java Null" Exception in your face and then proceeds to tell you that the extension needs to be removed from a blast group, even though it is not in one... The only way to overcome this is to resolve it on the CLI.

My early review of 3.1 might have been somewhat valid, but with 3.1.1 that has all but gone out the window

(PS) I refuse to use CCA in a 64Bit environment, seen too many problems, had too many problems and I can make do without the headaches, but this does not solve your problem I know.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *