cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Tones

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way from within CCA to disable the conference tones for Cbarge, Meet-Me, and Ad-hoc (using Join button)?

I know how to do this via CLI.  If this is done via CLI will it break CCA?  Would this be considered an out of band configuration item?

Thanks,
Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately CCA does not give you the option to enable/disable the join/leave tones. They are configured by default. If you use the software resources (IOS) for 3-party conferences (uncheck Enable Multi-Party Conferencing and select Max 3-way calling sessions) it would not play join/leave tones for ad-hoc conferencings. But you only get ad-hoc conferencing - no meet-me or more than 3-party ad-hoc/meet-me. You also would be disabling cBarge.

If you remove it OOB, I don't see it causing a problem with CCA since all CCA does is remove or add these commands when you enable/disable hw conferencing.

dspfarm profile 1 conference
shut

no conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
no conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone

no shut

However, I don't recommend getting into the habit of doing OOB configurations since it's a very gray area and the behavior of how CCA implements a feature may change b/w versions.

--

Anthony Yeung

Technical Marketing Engineer

Small Businss Technolog Group

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately CCA does not give you the option to enable/disable the join/leave tones. They are configured by default. If you use the software resources (IOS) for 3-party conferences (uncheck Enable Multi-Party Conferencing and select Max 3-way calling sessions) it would not play join/leave tones for ad-hoc conferencings. But you only get ad-hoc conferencing - no meet-me or more than 3-party ad-hoc/meet-me. You also would be disabling cBarge.

If you remove it OOB, I don't see it causing a problem with CCA since all CCA does is remove or add these commands when you enable/disable hw conferencing.

dspfarm profile 1 conference
shut

no conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
no conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone

no shut

However, I don't recommend getting into the habit of doing OOB configurations since it's a very gray area and the behavior of how CCA implements a feature may change b/w versions.

--

Anthony Yeung

Technical Marketing Engineer

Small Businss Technolog Group

Thanks Anthony, I justed want to ensure that removing the tones using CLI would not inhibit CCA functionality with the UC.

CCA 3.x now supports tone (join leave; and recurring live record beep) suppression.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: