cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay from fxo to ring on ip phone

Duwaine Winder
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone can assist me with this. I have a uc540 with all fxo lines. On incoming calls the line rings 3 times (monitored with butt test set) before it starts ringing on the phone. Is there somewhere I can adjust this?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try:

connection plar opx immediate

Thanks Paolo,

I tested on voice-port 0/1/0 and still get the delay of 2 to 3 rings before the ip-phone begins to ring.

Any further suggestions?

Hi DuWaine,

Paolo's suggestion should have resolved it, I don't know why it didn't work for you

Can I ask why you want it to be immediate? The reason why you have that delay is because the line is analogue and some carriers do not pass through immediatly the caller-id information, normally with analogue lines it is within 1-2 rings that this information comes through, you can see this realtime if you do a "debug vpm signal".

But I know for a fact that it does work as I have done it many times before on systems where CID was not in place.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.  Actually I dont think this customer has caller id on their lines, however, they are stating that callers say the line is ringing 3 to 4 times when it only rings once in the office before the call is answered

connection plar opx immediate 201

Then remove caller-id command under voice-port.