Views
Helpful
Replies

Display name for dialled numbers

jkl_19781
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

it is possible to display the name of a caller if under telephony-service a directoy entry is configured.

Is it also possible to show the name for dialled numbers, so you can see it under "dialled numbers" if you press the button "directories" ?

Kind regards,

Joerg K. 

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi J.K,

First part of your question is YES but with a caveat, in that there are some known bugs (in the IOS in SWP 8.2) with this service in some regions.

As to the second part of the question, I am fairly certain if the number resolves to a name it will be in the directory section, but I am happy to be stood corrected on this

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

Thank you for your answer...

Some more information:

Installed is a Cisco UC540 with CME8.1 and IP Phones from SPA500 Series.

Do you know a written information that this could be a Bug?

Kind regards,

Joerg K.

Hi J.K,

No I am not aware of any written information about this being a bug, but I know I am not the only one to log a case in about this, these forums have at least 3 other threads on this very subject.

If you do a forum search you might find a whole lot of information about other peoples experience regarding this issue

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *