cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distinctive ring

JonesAutomotive
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had a Cisco system installed and everything is great except I am unable to get the distictive ring feature to work. Can some one give me a step by step solution for this using CCA. Here is what we have, UC540, 2 7965/7916, and 20 SPA508G. I would like the distictive ring on internal calls. I do not use CLI only CCA. I have all phones set to "distinctive ring > internal", see attached screen shot.

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want CCA-only answers, this is the wrong forum, try "small business - uc500".

However, the phone by default do  distinctive ring for external calls, these do "ring-ring", while internal do "ring". Pat attention and you will hear the difference.

Ok thats what I will do, pay attention, never thought of that. Pay attention, thats what will make the phones ring differant. Thank you so much for your non-answer. Oh and excuse me for posting in the wrong forum, new to this, I should have "paid attention".

Ron, Its good to pay attention......

Please rate all useful posts

They ring different, and your post shows that you never noticed that. Or did you ?

Then if you want the forum structure re-arranged for you to post where suits you better, contact the Administrators.

Ok finally things are working. I had to set all of the phones using CCA to: distinctive ring > none.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting back with your results here +5 for

this kind follow-up.

Cheers!

Rob

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I had spent AGES trying to get distinctive ring - only to be told it was working all along. (and it was if you're told how to notice the difference)

It really isn't distinctive - it SHOULD allow you the option to at least select two different ring tones. ring-ring v's ring just hasnt cut it for any customers i've installed systems for. Best advise is to point out the different ring BEFORE they ask about it - that seems to  be the best 'work around' at this stage.

Tim,

It actually sounds quite different when it's working. Not really sure what the "Distinctive" setting is for in the CCA > Users and Extensions. I really believe this is what is not working correctly. Setting this to anything but "none" makes a phone ring the same for both external and internal calls. Now if we could only have another distinctive ring for a ring back!? We changed from a 20+ year old Executone system that had this feature. With all that said I am extremely happy with the Cisco system and glad we finaaly made the change!

Yes ring back has been a bit of an issue!

I'm assuming you've done that manually via cli? I couldn't find a way to enable that with cca (up to 3.2)

Sent from my iPhone