New UC320W. After considerable effort I was able to upgarde the frimware to v2.0.6 (from 2.0.1). This save issue occurs in both the old and new firmware.
During the initial setup wizzard:
And at the final "Apply ALL Changes" (step 48 of 49) I recieve the following errors:
Also, neither USB port appears to function. My USB thumb drive has some LED's on it and they do not illuminate in either port. During the initial setup wizard at the "Backup Options" section, it says that there is no drive in either port even when one has been inserted.
I have done several "Factory Resets" with no change in behavior.
During this setup, I have just my notebook connected to Port 4 and the UC320. No connection to the WAN port. WiFi disabled on the UC320.WiFi disabled on my notebook (corporate LAN on 192.168.10.0/24 subnet with existing host at 192.168.10.1)
Can you please provide some more details on the events that took place before arriving at this state?
All of the problems are pointing to a authentication problem. Can you go to the System Access page and change both the username and password, then log out and see if you still get the errors?
If you are still having problems, please contact the SBSC to get a case opened, referencing this discussion.
2. When you performed the upgrade, was it via the Cloud pop up dialog window or did you do it from Status -> Devices -> Upgrade from PC?
3. Has the WAN been unplugged the whole time?
4. All of the problems are pointing to a authentication problem. Can you go to the System Access page and change both the username and password, then log out and see if you still get the errors?
1. If that doesn't work, connect the WAN port to the internet.
2. Download the UC320W 2.0.6(10) firmware from Cisco.com. Ensure the file size is correct.
3. Press and hold the factory reset button for 20 seconds.
4. Launch web browser.
5. Set the new user / password
6. Proceed through the steps until the Status menu appears at the top.
7. Click Status -> Devices -> Upgrade from PC and upgrade to the 2.0.6(10)
One thing that stands out is the network addresses. The UC320W by default sets the data (VLAN) network to 192.168.10.x/24. If you plug the WAN into a 192.168.10.x network while the LAN is 192.168.10.x we have broken a fundamental rule of routers. The WAN and LAN interfaces have to be on different networks.
Is your PC by chance dual-homed, meaning connected directly (Ethernet/WiFi) to both the UC320W LAN side and the existing data network?
Let's try this:
I am thiking that my unit is defective.
I reflashed using the file I downloaded last night (via website, not cloud). Installed OK, rebooted OK, Started install process.
Everything NORMAL unitl I start the actual configuration. As soon as I leave the "Getting Started" page, the unit starts an AutoSave.
All this looks like a system reset which would zap the login credentials. So now the broswer has new credentials and the unit is reset back to defaults.
If a bad firmware is doing this, then I have (2) bad firmware copies (one cloud, one web download)
As to multi-homing. I thought about that too and DISABLED the WiFi NIC. I suspect tha the time I got the firmware to download was via the notebook WiFi
Thanks for all the help Jeff.