cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have an SPA514G phone and need to add SPA500S addon

Jeff Gilliland
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know the options to add a SPA500S addon to the SPA514G phone. I am running these phones off a DMS500 CS2K switch.

19 Replies 19

What I am trying to replace with this. Is an old GR303 M5216 nortel phone that has the M522 addon. And use it like that. I have a couple hundred of the SPA514G's configured and in use. I am just trying to add a 514 with a couple 500s addons for single numbers in all areas that we serve for test lines.

E.g. many SIP account each registered to area's PBX.

Well, then SPA500S will not help you. It doesn't increase the number of avaiable SIP accounts. SPA514G allow 4 separate extension. The SPA509G can connect to 12 separate SIP accounts. If you need more, then SPA5xx is not the solution.

We are a central office no PBX. I need to cover 128 towns which in time grows when we add different communitys

If you know of any other type solution that would be helpful drop a line or email.. jeff_gilliland@mmi.net    605-357-5409. Thanks

I'm not sure our solution may help you. Our test phones are connected to extra SIP exchange (just Asterisk). Such test exchange is connected to exchanges in each area as it's SIP client.

The operator needs to dial "carrier selection" prefix followed by destination number. The call is routed by test exchange to particular area exchange (identified by prefix which is stripped then) so area's exchange process the call like destionation number has been dialed on local device connected to it.

It fit our needs in most cases. Well, we cover less towns, but more states ;-)