cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone Calls drops

hbecerra1965
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my UC540 to v 8.6 I was finally able to use the iPhone as an IP phone, using the well documented configuration posted almost a month ago in this site I started using the iPhone, but the calls only last for 15 to 25 secs before droping abruptly.

Taking out that "issue" the config and the nice Jabber App from Cisco are really outstanding.

Any ideas how to avoid the droping calls ?

UPDATE:

The calls drops only when thy are generated from the iphone, when the iPhone is the receiver of the call it doesnt drops

4 Replies 4

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Ah this is interesting.... im clearly not the only having the same problem then...

what VLAN are you connecting to? i can place and recieve calls when connect to both my cisco-data network and my cisco-voice network, but have much better sucess with the voice VLAN. which mind you is also the suggested connection... however the downside to this is that there is not internet on my voice VLAN so when my iphone is connected to that network, none of the emails or calendars update....

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Jeremy Koch ha scritto:

im clearly not the only having the same problem then...

Hi,

no I think the problem is present in most people. It is a big problem having to connect your phone to the voice vlan reserved. I've done some testing and the problem remains on the phone calls started, the rest works but not really so interesting.

Ok, I have not used the right vlan, I did not use the correct version of IOS on my iphone but all of those conditions make the solution too limited! :-(

Ah... the call is cut to exactly 10 seconds from the response, probably some trouble with the RTP stream IP.

Arturo.

I am connecting the iPhone to the DATA vlan, its important for me to be connected to the internet in the iPhone

It's only officially supported when connecting the Iphone to the VOICE VLAN, I think you're running into the same issue I had. 

If it's too restrictive then you can try the app "GroundWire" instead of Jabber, it works without the disconnect problem due to the required MEDIA and CONTROL binds on the SIP service.  It's not free, but it's worth a try if you are having no luck.

You could try removing these if you configured with CCA and it doesn't work still.

!

voice service voip

sip

no bind control source-interface Vlan100

no bind media source-interface Vlan100

!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: