cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New UC560 - Ringtones/Background issues - No Desktops/ringtones folders got created during Upgrade

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we just received today our brand new and shiny UC560. I set it up in my lab environment and started playing around with it.

First, I installed the CCA und performed a software upgrade from 8.1.x to version 8.2.0.

Next I "skipped" thru the setup wizard to get a very basic configuration up and running. Some SPA525G2s and 7960Gs worked pretty well. After that I was trying to migrate our company logo from our asterisk box to the UC560... This was when things started to go wrong.

When I opened the phone customization options within the CCA and selected the background image option. A new window opend, which had the following message: "tftp server not started or reachable". The same message appears when I click ringtones within the menu.

Since the UC560 upgrade worked fine and even a restart of my admin-laptop did not solve the problem, I googled around and found some posts pointing to missing List.xml or RingList.xml files.

I opened the File Manager from the CCA-tree-menu and was "shocked" that there was no ringtones or Desktops folder below the flash:/ entry. The phones were trying to read those files from the UC560 tftp server (debug tftp events - listed the requests) but the UC560 wasn't able to locate the file on the flash.

I opened the 8.2.0-zip upgrade package (which I DL'ed from the cisco site) and found some more zip files within the package that contained the ringtones and Background images... For some reason they were not uploaded during the firmware upgrade process - any ideas why?

Since the CCA-File Manger works and I was able to upload some testfiles to my UC560-box I don't think that another application is blocking my local TFTP port...

Is it normal that those two folders (ringtones/Desktops) are missing after a firmware Upgrade?

regards,

Fabian

3 Replies 3

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for pointing this out, I moved the post to the correct forum.

Hi Fabian,

If you encounter problem with windows 7 and vista try to disable User Account Control (UAC).

You should not run TFTP server on your PC when performing this filetransfer.

Also please check the connectivity. You can try to ping 10.1.10.2 from your PC (this is the default TFTP address).

You can also try to ping your PC from the UC(from the tftp interface). In CCA you can do this when going to troubleshooting tab -> Network diagnostics -> Ping. There you should select the interface to ping from which should be vlan90 address (default 10.1.10.2) and enter the ip address of your PC. When pinging from the UC check your PC firewall settings to allow this ping.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hi,

I solved the problem by doing another install of the 8.2 package without adding any other language packs in the same process and resetting the configuration to factory defaults.

Something just went terribly wrong when I did the first Software Upgrade.

I'm Using a Win 7 Laptop UAC and FW are turned on, but since it does now work I'm inclined to believe that neither of them caused the problem.

bye

Fabian