cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Manager problem

rushingnative
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with the new Office Manager Beta. When I try to run it, it will never actually find the UC500 or any of the devices. When I open it, it will just say "discovering devices" for about 5 minutes and then will time out and say it was unable to communicate with the UC500. I can, however, ping the UC500 I am connected to without any problem.

Anyone else had this problem?

9 Replies 9

Make sure that there are not multiple NIC's enabled. Also, make sure this UC500 is a CCA 2.2 system, at least. OM has little tolerance for out of band changes. Finally, ensure that you are directly connected on the LAN side of the UC500 or though a switch.

Thanks,

Marcos

I did verify that my laptop was plugged into the LAN port on the UC500 and no other connections were active. Sometimes I was able to get it to find the device, but it always errored out before it finished it's "discovery" process - it would error out at some point while reading the options and say it couldn't communicate with the device.

I'm not sure what CCA version it is as I never use that....it is CME version 7.2. Do you need to know the router version as well?

Thanks,

CS

That's the problem right there, OM is only compatible with UC500's that have been configured by CCA :-(

Marcos

Bummer....any plans for it to work with CLI configured systems? I have several customers that would like an easy to use GUI for moves, adds, & changes and all the systems I've put in have been configured from CLI....

Also, if I open up CCA on the system, will it make the necessary changes needed to make it OM compatible?

Thanks,

CS

We do not support the CLI configured systems, and if you haven't followed the Out of Band rules for CCA, getting the system back to a CCA compatible mode is nearly impossible (unless you start from scratch).

Would the CUE GUI give you what you need? Check out this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/sbcs/uc500/gui/user/guide/UC500_office_admin.pdf

Let me know,

Marcos

10-4.....I have a customer that has used the CUE GUI and has been having some trouble with it so I was hoping to eventually have him use this instead. Sometimes the CUE GUI can get confusing when you have to go to the phones tab for some features, extension tab for some other and users for the rest.

Thanks for the link - I will forward it on to him

I apologize for the inconvenience. Good luck!

Marcos

Where is this "out of band" guideline posted?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: