Views
Helpful
Replies

open the door while make a phone call

burki.net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I need a solution to open the door while someone makes a phone call.
Wen i press on the phone 31###2 (31 is the DN) than i can open the door.
But my Client want do this while he makes a phone call.
Because there are only 5 Phones and often only one Person is in the office. When this person makes a call nobody can open the door. He don't want talk with this person who is at the door, he only wants to open the door.

Thanks
Rajan

8 Replies 8

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is the door system integrated into CME?  What types of ports is it connected to?  What does the door system use to key off of to throw the relay/solanoid that lets the door unlock?

It sounds like you could set a speed dial up for that number, though it will place the current call on hold to dial the door when you hit the speed dial.  At least they won't ahve to punch digits in, though.

Or you could get fancy, and have them run a script on their desktop which telnets into the router and issues 'csim start 31###2'.  That will at least get ringing voltage presented to the door system.  Then they can run that script from their PC.  Note that csim start is a hidden command used for testing, and isn't supported.

You could also register a SIP soft phone on their PC to CME, and use a speed dial on that phone to trigger the door system.

It is an analogue door system connected via an ATA186.

I made a speed dial, when the user’s
phone is on hook. The Speed dial is 31 the ### is for the pause and the 2 for
opening the door. The ### is because i can't use the comma for the speed dial.

On the Desktop I install the CIPC with
that speed Dial. But they want open the door without the Desktop. The old
System had this function.

I found anything about Feature Access Codes (FAC). I made a custom FAC ->  fac custom alias 0 *8 to 31###2

But the fac is not working.

If it was a non-SCCP FXS port you could have a speed-dial that hits a POTS dial-peer with 'prefix' configured.  Then you can use ',' for pauses.  With the ATA, you don't have that flexibility.  But that's not much of an issue, since you have it working with a speed dial currently by using #'s.

If you want a solution to do it from the phone while they are on an active call without the call going on hold, you could perhaps write a service for the phone's service button to query CME to make a call to the door phone and pulse digits.  That would require a fair amount of scripting knowledge, though.

I think you're current speed dial solution is the cleanest you're going to get at this present time, unless you go down the custom scripting road.

Maybe someone else has some ideas, though.

Ok, thanks. Can i make a script for an Service button? I thought the Service Buttons are fix.

Du you know any whitepaper for scripting.

Ok, Thanks I will try to script a Button.

seaweed101
Level 1
Level 1

Can you install a door phone to solve this problem? You can open the door while make a phone call.

That’s nice, but the Client want open the door from the users workplace.