cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Caller ID on UC520 FXO ports question

jroddingham
Level 1
Level 1

Long story short, I have a small business with a Cisco UC520, 4 FXO ports in use. I need a way to set the outgoing caller ID to always show a single number, so I can set that as the pilot and auto attendant for all the incoming calls. As it is now, in the CCA under the outgoing dial plan -> Caller ID tab that caller ID cannot be configured because FXO trunks handle that automatically. Can anyone advise me on how to skin this cat?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct. There is no way to change your calling number when using FXO lines. Only telco can do that, you can't under any circumstance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct. There is no way to change your calling number when using FXO lines. Only telco can do that, you can't under any circumstance.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I also have a question about how many analog lines this thing will support as trunks. I will start another thread for that though I think, as it's totally unrelated.

Requires It depends on the model you purchase.

UC520 / UC540 desktiop can have 8

UC520-48 / UC560 user rack mount supports 12

This is based on optional purchase of VIC2-4FXO (never insert under power)

I started a new thread for this question. It's a rackmount UC520, with an unused expansion slot above the built-in 4 FXO ports. Would a serial # help?

The full SKU would help. While you can put mounting ears on the 8 user UC520 SKU, it is license limited and has just 1 spare slot.

The bigger 48 user SKU has 2 spare, hence 12 FXO possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: