Views
Helpful
Replies

peer to peer call in 7942G

Romanio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have three numbers of 7942G IP Phones with IP numbers 192.168.2.107/112/115. Now i want to make call between these phones with IP address. I am unable to make call with IP address. Can you help all the settings.

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Romanio,

That successfully setting up IP-to-IP calls between Cisco phones typically involves configuring a CUCM or a CME. These systems manage the call routing, call control, and directory services for the phones.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Romanio,

CUCM ou router as CME ?

You test the call like this: 192*168*2*112 ?

Best regards

Romanio
Level 1
Level 1

No CUCM, does it work without it? They thought it would only work at home in the house-garage network...

@Romanio,

That successfully setting up IP-to-IP calls between Cisco phones typically involves configuring a CUCM or a CME. These systems manage the call routing, call control, and directory services for the phones.

Best regards

Thanks for the info, I got these phones for free. They thought that the IP phone would work at home only peer to peer without software and a server for calling IP addresses. I'm sorry that it simply doesn't work like this, I don't want to buy a server machine or run a PC at home. The phone becomes a brick and thrown in the trash...

thanks for your time