Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Outage... UC520 is down.

pauljmccain
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been searching for the past 6 hours and I have no clue what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

We have been using a UC520 unit and CE520 switch without any major problems for about 7 months now. About a month ago, we got a new static IP and I set the UC to handle the data network as well as the telephony. Everything was working great!

Last night, we had a power outage, and something happened to the system. I got the phones working by powering off and back on. The static IP is coming in fine from the cable modem, but some configuration must have been lost, because the computers are not connecting to the network.

The bigger problem is that I can no longer connect to the UC520 using CCA, because the box is now unreachable at the normal address of 192.168.10.1. Why would this occur?

I tried getting a serial-to-USB adapter to attempt doing a reset via CLI, but I cannot get it to connect via Putty... don't know if there is a problem with the console port or my adapter, but it's just not working when PuTTy tries to connect.

I hooked up a cheap Linksys router for the time being, but this is really a disaster! I'm hoping the UC520 was not shorted out. But I don't think that's the case, considering the voice network is working OK. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Paul,

I hope that everything is ok with the UC too.

Please check if you connect PC directly on one of the ports on the UC will it get ip address automatically through the DHCP.

If you do not get address you may get wireshark and capture traffic when you are connected to the UC and find out some address of the UC and try to connect to it.

You may try to connect to the UC voice vlan also.

You may try to connect through the wan port also.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Paul,

I hope that everything is ok with the UC too.

Please check if you connect PC directly on one of the ports on the UC will it get ip address automatically through the DHCP.

If you do not get address you may get wireshark and capture traffic when you are connected to the UC and find out some address of the UC and try to connect to it.

You may try to connect to the UC voice vlan also.

You may try to connect through the wan port also.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thank you for the help.

Somehow the whole box got erased, and the gateway was set to a different non-default IP. After finding the new IP (by using your method) I was able to reconfigure the system without issue, and it seems to be working fine now. I'm not sure exactly what happened with the power, but hope it doesn't happen again! I will be investing in a battery backup.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the rating and the feedback!

I am glad that you were able to get the system back online.

Whatever caused this it would be helpful to have backup of the system to shorten downtime.

Best regards,

Alex