cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Programming SPA303 with a UC320W

keithouellette
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a UC320W with a bunch of SPA303 phones. I was quite surprised on how easly it was to configure and get running. I have one question (at least for now); how do I program the phones like add a user definable ringtone? If I try to go into the admin mode while http'd into a phone, it states "Forbidden". Is there another way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Keith,

Congratulations on your first UC320W install!  Thanks for the feedback.  Most of the phone configuration is managed by the UC320W Configuration Utility to keep things consistent and easy to manage.  The next release (2.2) will have the ability to upload via the Cloud custom Music on Hold (MoH) and Auto Attendant prompts.  We are looking at extending the functionality to configure custom ringtones at a later date.  You can install custom ringtones via the USB on SPA525G phones today.  Currently, adding custom ringtones is not support for the SPA50x and 30x series.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Keith,

Congratulations on your first UC320W install!  Thanks for the feedback.  Most of the phone configuration is managed by the UC320W Configuration Utility to keep things consistent and easy to manage.  The next release (2.2) will have the ability to upload via the Cloud custom Music on Hold (MoH) and Auto Attendant prompts.  We are looking at extending the functionality to configure custom ringtones at a later date.  You can install custom ringtones via the USB on SPA525G phones today.  Currently, adding custom ringtones is not support for the SPA50x and 30x series.

Chris

Thank yiou for the information. One question: Are there any thoughts to configurations without the need for a complete system reboot? i.e. adding a phone or changing a phone's buttons.

Hi Keith,

Yes!  You will notice some dramatic improvements in 2.2 (due out by end of Feb).

Chris