cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions

Nico Yang
Level 1
Level 1

My company use BE3000 as Telephone system,the phone type is 3905 and CIPC,and use  SPA8800 to connect PSTN.

I have few questions as below:

1.How to use /config  meet-me and ad hoc ?

The meet-me number is 4400-4499 in the Dial Plan (can not edit) ,and I had enable the conference brige in the sites pages.When I press the softkey"meet-me" on the CIPC,and dial 44XX,it show the message "no conference brige". Is it mean BE3K has no DSP ? But I find "Ad-hoc conferencing and meet-me conferencing through onboard hardware conference bridge" in BE3K data sheet... or just the phone is not support?   

And how to use ad hoc as 3905?

2.Where should I config dial plan ? 

For example:I dial "9075512345678" ,it can go out as"17909075512345678" or others i wanted.

a.Connections--PSTN---Edit(choice one SPA line)--Advanced--CalloutRouting-Manual?

b.Connections--site-edit ?

c.Dial Plan -application dial rules ?

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Please check under Connections -> PSTN Connections. Do you have a connection listed as S0/SU0/DS1-0...? Even if you are not using PRI connection for PSTN connection, one connection of this type is required for conference functionality to work. If you are using 8.6.4 build, you should have received a pop-up warning message about it.

For using ad-hoc conference, phones in conversation need to hit the conference key available on the phone, dial another user hit conference key again and so on ..

2. You can configure this as Outbound Called Party Transformation on the connection to SPA under Connections -> PSTN Connections.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Please check under Connections -> PSTN Connections. Do you have a connection listed as S0/SU0/DS1-0...? Even if you are not using PRI connection for PSTN connection, one connection of this type is required for conference functionality to work. If you are using 8.6.4 build, you should have received a pop-up warning message about it.

For using ad-hoc conference, phones in conversation need to hit the conference key available on the phone, dial another user hit conference key again and so on ..

2. You can configure this as Outbound Called Party Transformation on the connection to SPA under Connections -> PSTN Connections.

Thanks

Hi, Sanjay Sinha:

1. I add a new connection as E1/PRI in the PSTN connections as  you tell me ,and I can use meet-me now, thank you very much.

But when I do this ,all phone cannot call out , and the Monitor show messager :

The system is unable to communicate with port S0/SU0/DS1-0 on gateway internal-gateway

Port S0/SU0/DS1-0 of gateway internal-gateway is unable to communicate with the telephone network.

Q1:As I know,  this happens  because when user call out ,the system choose the connect PSTN  line is E1.

And  I  find  Connections--Connections group--All Connections , the E1 line is at No1. How  I  config  that make sure the             SPA line  at  higher precedence than E1 when user call out?

Q2:I find a way to fix it,Can you help me to check is it right?

1.Connections-ConnectionsGroup, add a new group,and add the SPA Lines into it,named it as"Callout".

2.Connections--sites--Edit--call setting--PSTN Access--Route using a custom dial plan--Edit Dial Plan  Patterns,Add Dial Plan Patterns.

example: Pattern:9XXXXXXXXX;  Call Class of server:local call;    Call Handing:Operation  choose    "Route Call "   ,Connection Group :  "Callout"  ;press OK.

Q3:  I want let the PSTN user can use meet-me, I do this as below:

I add a new user with phone number "6600",and set it Cfwdall to "4400(the meet-me number)" to make sure   When meet-me has started, the PSTN user call in , he can dial 6600 ,to join  the meeting, Is that right?  

Outbound call transformation  it can works ,thank you  again.

I find it has 4  Outbound Call  Transformation in the system:

A:connections-psdn

B:connections-sites-dial plan patterns

C:connections-sites-SPA DIAL PLAN

D:system settings-dial plan

Q4:I has tested BE3K,and find the outbound rule as below:

When user made a call to PSTN(example:88888888):

1.BE3K check the rule match 88888888 in "B", if match go to "2", if not match then drop the call.

2.BE3K check the rule match 88888888 in "A", if match transformation the number and go out wiht SPA Line,if not match then drop the call. Is it right ?

Q5:Is "C" and "D" useful in the system ? and when/How it works?

thanks.

1. The health monitor page will show an alarm, since you have configured T1/E1 connection, but there is no cable connection to that port, So that is fine and should not be a cause of concern.

For changing the setting of connection group, go to, Connections -> Connection Groups. In selected connections, please unselect theS0/SU0/DS1-0 connection and make sure that SPA is the only connection is selected connections.

Or you can also create a new connection group with just one, SPA connection.

2. You do not have to open up the dial plan, unless you have added some custom dial patterns. Under Sites -> Call Settings, you can select that route calls using the new connection group that you have created.

3.For PSTN user to call meet-me conference bridge number, you can get a DID that outside callers can dial and create a translation rule to map that DID to the system defined number in Dial Plan. (4400).

4. The outbound call transformation rule should be configured on Connection -> PSTN Connections -> SPA connection -> Advanced Settings ->Outbound Call ROuting, as shown below.

Sanjay

The system is works fine now, thank you a lot.!