cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redial

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I'm almost sure there was a topic here before about this -- but I can't seem to dig it up at the moment.

When is the redial bug going to be fixed?

I get almost constant complaints from customers about this problem. It really begs the question -- why does Cisco even put a redial feature on there if it doesn't work???

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about -- the UC320 does not auto-prefix a steering digit for missed/received calls -- making redialing from call history a real chore -- and worse, difficult to explain to customers.

What am I supposed to say to a customer when they balk at the fact that Cisco can't even make redial work correctly???

Thanks. I apologize for being harsh, but it's irritating that a customer facing bug like this has been outstanding for so long. (BTW, I've been asked about this by customers at just about every install I've done -- and we have 20+ installed at this point.)

2 Replies 2

Hi Daniel,

There are some behind the scenes complexities with this feature.  I'll ask your opinion based upon your customer feedback:  Would you want to see the steering digit pre-pended to the calling party address and appear in inbound caller ID display, calls logs & CDR records  -OR- simply hit the redial and use a default outbound trunk for all calls (FXO, SIP provider #1, SIP provider #2, etc) giving up the flexibility to use the same trunk resource that the call arrived?

Thanks,

Chris

The latter, for sure Chris!

When do you think this fix will be available? (our UC320 client are using the latest firmware).

Thanks!

Robin