cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Select Outbound Line by Pressing Line Key on Phone

Spencer H
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Elastix installation. I have two Cisco spa525G2 phones and I need to setup the following on the phone and was hoping someone could help me or point me in the right direction. I've been reading the Cisco documentation, but I am getting more confused by the minute. The closest I could get was this from the Cisco forums...

------------

"If you choose to deploy a SPA400 in an Asterisk environment, you will need to define which SPA400 line to use. This document describes how to accomplish this.

exten => 6XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/L2{EXTEN},20)

By setting Ln string before an extension in the INVITE, where "n" is the line number on the SPA400, one can choose which line to route the call to (in the previous example it goes to Line 2). If not using Ln, the call will end up on first available line (the SPA400 is then treated like a trunk). This has been tested to work with 1.1.2.2 SPA400 firwmare."

------------

I need the user to be able to press one of the Line Key buttons, then dial a phone number which will then route the call out the correct outbound route based on the line key pressed. I already have the trunks and Outbound Routes setup and working by dialing "9" or "5" before the number. I just need to setup the phones Line Key buttons correctly.

I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks in advance!

Spencer

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: