Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 No line feed

I've just acquired a SPA112 'phone adaptor (pre-owned), but it does not seem to be supplying any line feed to the 'phone - no voltage is discernable at the other end of a known-good RJ-11 lead.  Have I missed something in the manual, or have I been sold a pup?  I have tried setting 'Make Call Without Reg', but this has made no difference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It appears that UK spec telephones with RJ-11 sockets have different wiring specs to US RJ-11 sockets.

UK has A-leg to pin 2, B-leg pin 5 and ringer pin 3; US has tip to pin 3, ring to pin 4.

An interim solution is to use existing line cord from telephone and RJ-11 to BT431 (modem) cord from SPA112 and connect two BT431 plugs together in back-to-back or 'socket doubler' sockets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Analog interface power can't be turned off at all, as far as I know.

Even in the case I'm wrong - it's powered for sure when SPA112 have factory default configuration (because phone can be used to make initial configuration of network settings)..

That's what I was sort of thinking; many thanks for your assistance.

It appears that UK spec telephones with RJ-11 sockets have different wiring specs to US RJ-11 sockets.

UK has A-leg to pin 2, B-leg pin 5 and ringer pin 3; US has tip to pin 3, ring to pin 4.

An interim solution is to use existing line cord from telephone and RJ-11 to BT431 (modem) cord from SPA112 and connect two BT431 plugs together in back-to-back or 'socket doubler' sockets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: