cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 auto pick-up and hang up for intercom

ragedizzer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2102 being used for an intercom on my SIP network.  The box is really just a speaker.  It seems like in the past I got this to work before by making a switch to one or two settings that basically made the 2102 assume all invites would be auto answered and then all bye would end.

I found an article stating that changing the CPC to 1 would make it hang up.  But I have two issues, 1 this is SIP and it seems like I would want it to hang up on BYE, and 2 that doesn't explain how to get it to accept all INVITEs.

It's driving me nuts because I swear I did this before a my job at the lumber yard with the same device when we integrated our new SIP network into our existing clunky intercom. I thought it had something to do with the port polarity.

If anyone has a clear answer that would be great.  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

The CPC would be used to signal your device cabled to the SPA2102 analog FXS interface to disconnect (go back on-hook) because the adapter has received a Sip Bye.  This is a setting on the Regional Tab.  The setting is "CPC Duration" which can be set from 0 to 1.000 seconds which sets the length of the voltage drop.

I would think your device itself needs to have a feature to auto answer the incoming call when it receives a ring from the SPA.  Something like an answering machine would do.  I do not believe you can set the SPA2102 itself to auto answer an incoming sip call.