cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G local DTMF super-loud while on speaker

Bob Maple
Level 1
Level 1

I was running 7.5.5 and was having an issue with out-of-band DTMF not working while on the speakerphone. Saw in the release notes for 7.5.6 it was a fixed bug.  So I downloaded the newest release, 7.5.7s and updated.  That fixed that problem.

However, now I'm having an issue where the in-call DTMF (still using OOB so it's just the local volume level) is like twice as loud as it should be when in-call, but only when on speaker... and only on line 1!  For instance, if I hit the speaker button and dial, the level is fine.  Once I actually get in-call, if I hit anything it's blasting out of my phone.

Under the 'Regional' tab of the config, if I set the DTMF Playback Level way down (like -30) the off-call DTMF becomes very quiet while the in-call merely becomes tollerable.

And, as I mentioned, the icing on the cake is that this only happens on line 1.  Line works fine, both are at the same (nice) level.  And there's no real difference between the two configs, besides what server they are talking to, and line 1 is set to NAT while 2 isn't.

!?

2 Replies 2

Same exact issue here. Very strange and annoying.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, it look like firmware issue.

You both should complain at SMB  Support Centre.

Cisco support doesn't monitor those forums.