cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5xx compatibility with WAPPOE

Ryan Finnie
Level 1
Level 1

Is the SPA5xx line (and by extension the SPA9x2 line) compatible with the Linksys WAPPOE modules in any way?  I see two scenarios where this might work:

1. The phone itself is 802.3af compatible, so will the Injector part of the WAPPOE talk 802.3af directly to the phone?  That way there would only be one cable to the phone, and I can plug in power at the remote end.  (We don't have 802.3af switches right now, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't need the WAPPOE.)

2. Barring that, is the physical plug of the WAPPOE Splitter part compatible with the phone's DC port?  If so, I could use the WAPPOE the same as if I were attaching it to a WAP, with the Splitter on the phone end and the Injector on the remote end.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Yes, it will work for the SPA5XX and the SPA9X2. All you need is to connect the SPA5XX or SPA9X2 phone to the injector Ethernet plug via a standard ethernet cable (the SPA9X1 are non-POE devices and 5 Volts, so not compatible with WAPPOE).

Please note DC ports are not compatible, so please dont try it as you will probably break the HW of the phone.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: