Helpful
Replies

Survivability with UC540/560 and Interconnection b/w UC and CME

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 questions here:

First: Can I connect a CME (ver 7.x) with a UC320/540/560 and make them do 4 digit intersite dialing?

Second: One of my collegue just designed a UC560 and UC540 in survivable mode using alternate TFTP server address.. Is it possible? I don't know much about this that's putting it here?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes to both questions.

Redundant CME mode is explained in the CME Administrator Guide.

View solution in original post

If you are short on licenses, you can't accommodate additional phones flowing in from another location.

The CME redundancy  model actually assumes that the backup unit sits doing nothing until failure occurs. That's hardly an efficient method.

However, the UC500 hardware is reliable, the replacement services very efficient, so there isn't really too much to worry about.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes to both questions.

Redundant CME mode is explained in the CME Administrator Guide.

Hi Paolo,

First of all thanks for replying...

Now i apologise for not putting my question clearly... As per the CME Guide it has mentioned the failover over the LAN through the Splittter on the PSTN line...

The situation here is.. that These 2 are different sites... So One UC560 at lests say Location A and UC540 at location B... Location A has 50 users and is provided with 56 licenses on UC560.... Location B has 20 Users ...

Now, In this particular Scenario both sites have connectivity using MPLS, PSTN and Internet..

So, Is it possible to do it over the WAN? or Through Internet? And even If I assume Yes.. how those 20 users will be accomodated on the  Location A UC which has only 50 user licenses?

I'll appreciate your reply.

Thanks

If you are short on licenses, you can't accommodate additional phones flowing in from another location.

The CME redundancy  model actually assumes that the backup unit sits doing nothing until failure occurs. That's hardly an efficient method.

However, the UC500 hardware is reliable, the replacement services very efficient, so there isn't really too much to worry about.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

So that means It IS supported over the WAN as well?

Nowhere it is stated otherwise, and in my understanding it should work fine.

Cool.. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: